The short life of water-cooled wall panels for the electric arc furnace, the furnace roof and the water pipes, especially in the hot spot areas, is due to a lack or insufficient distribution of cooling water.
On-site measurements with ultrasonic equipment are often difficult due to the arrangement of the panels on the furnace shell and therefore give inaccurate results.
SCCM ALP offers a proven computer calculation program that calculates the existing cooling water distribution taking into account the geometrical data and all connected water-cooled parts of the upper shell of the electric furnace. In close cooperation with your staff, all data necessary for the optimisation will be determined. After the optimisation calculation, a table will be submitted with all relevant data such as
- Total pressure loss
- Pressure loss of the individual parts
- Speed of the cooling water
- Cooling water quantity of each part
- Temperature increase if necessary
You can improve your processes:
– REDUCED MAINTENANCE COSTS
– NO DUST ACCUMULATION
– NO CLEANING OF THE FOLLOWING DUCTS
– HIGH CARBON MONOXIDE AFTERBURNER
– EXTREME REDUCTION OF DUST LOAD IN THE GAS CLEANING SYSTEM, INCLUDING THE SPARK PROTECTION SYSTEM (SPARK ARRESTOR)
– EASY ACCESS AND HANDLING FOR DUST REMOVAL INSIDE THE EXHAUST BOX